Monday, September 13, 2010

Open Studios is Coming...



I can not believe it is September already.. I can not believe I only managed to have only 2 beach days this year aside from my week vacation to Fort Lauderdale. I can not believe that tomorrow I will be celebrating my 32nd birthday.. and to top it all off that I am not in London at the moment as planned. Oh and.. the topic of today's post.. I can not believe open studios is but a mere 2 and a half weeks away!

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE Open Studios.. it is my favorite time of year! On an average we get about 500 visitors into our spaces and I love having that connection to the local community. We get a really positive response from them, and most of them return every year!

But.. I really have not had the time to design a new collection piece as I usually do and looking through my "inventory." I just realized I have none. (hardly) I am very grateful for that in a way.. I send out batches of work to a bunch of new shops carrying my goods.. but I need to replenish!

So luckily I do have a month off from my day job, leaving me plenty of time & energy to get EVERYTHING done!

I have outgrown my pink phase.. and now I'm looking for a cool and calming blue. So I will be repainting my showroom walls, repainting my furniture, shopping at ikea for some interesting new lighting, and cozying up the place! Hopefully I can get this all done this week leaving me time for a quick little vacation to Savannah Georgia next week. I hear it is lovely with antiques, art, gardens, and beaches.. my favorite things in life!

I will post a studio before picture later on... but I'm telling you.. it is not pretty. ;)

Wish me luck! xo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails