Monday, April 26, 2010
I decided to enjoy one of my afternoons with a brisk walk through one of the conservation sites close by. I had forgotten how much I love being submerged in the middle of the forest and how it clears my head and grounds me. It was the little escape I needed oh so badly to clear the stress of my crazy week. I think I am due for a trip into the mountains soon...
Check out some of my pics on my flickr here.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Here is a Top 10 list from earthday.net of super easy things you and your family can do to go Green (er) beginning today!
1. Project Switch: Change your light bulbs! Use Energy Star bulbs! Shut your lights when not in use, and use a dimmer to set the mood & save the energy!
2. Drive your car differently – or drive a different car altogether! Pull out that bicycle, or walk over to your local market for that gallon of milk! Save car emissions, save some money in gas, and get in shape!
3. Your house – not too hot, not too cold! Try using a sweater when temperatures aren't ideal, or go nude if its too hot! ; )
4. Tame the refrigerator monster! Lower it by 1 degree to save some energy, or find a new spot for it if its near a heating vent, or always in the sun.
5. Twist the knobs on your other household appliances! For one, wash your dishes by hand! My dishwasher broke a couple of months back, but now I found that I actually like having the quiet time to clean dishes after a home cooked meal. Become one with your dishes and over time, that will save a few loads in the dishwasher, conserving energy.
6.Green plants with less water, more trees to provide shade. Try groups of lovely hostas, and reuse rain water to water your gardens and boxes!
7. Buy Green Energy, and invest in green energy stocks.
8. Go organic. Its better for you, and better for the environment! Plus.. it tastes and feels better! Support your local farmers and crafts people!
9. Buy recycled.
10. Be a minimalist. Buy quality products that last longer and shop vintage!
For more details, please check out http://www.earthday.net/node/145
Please visit my Je T'aime dishes as they are featured as a go green item in this lovely blog http://studiohaus.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-earth-day.html
Here's an excellent green site that you can share with the kids in your life! http://www.kidsforsavingearth.org/
Monday, April 19, 2010
Such a tease watching that beautiful sun out there all morning. I made a deal with myself that I could not go out until all my glazing is done. Its just about noon and I am finished ready to load Bertha (my kiln) and head out into the sunshine for the day!
Now I have to decide.. feet or bike?!
Enjoy your Monday! xo
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Glazing @ home, all cozy in a blanket, snacking on some Mmm Mmm chocolate cookies, with the bf snoring on the couch, Lost in Translation on the tellie = best Sunday ever!
I hope you are enjoying yours as well! xo
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Here's a peek at some goodies I will be posting in my Etsy shop this week. I'm a sucker for bowls and I LOVE making them too.. So keep an eye out because I'll be posting LOTS of them soon!!!
You can buy them here~ www.chrissyannceramics.etsy.com
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I just realized that Mother's Day is only a little over 3 weeks away!!! Time to start up some special custom pieces for the mom's in my life, and time to start getting those orders out!
Here are some lovelies the mom's in my town enjoy collecting. I think yours will too!
Check out my Etsy shop for pricing, and keep an eye out for new listings soon!!! www.chrissyannceramics.etsy.com