Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving is here... (almost)



It's official people... the holidays are here and you know what that means.

Tis' the season to be crafting more than you've ever craft before!

It's a super rainy day here in New Bedford Massachusetts. I've been working at the studio since about 8:30am after dropping off Miss Thumbelina with our dear friend Lynne the dog groomer. It took me about 2 hours to carefully pack my kiln fuller than she's ever been, but I managed to get everything in for this weekend's studio sale. I can't believe how much stuff I have crammed in to it.. I am SO VERY EXCITED to open it up first thing tomorrow!!! :) A couple of new designs will be available, mainly holiday oriented. It's always exciting to see how a new design will roll with my regulars!

Good news is that I'm ahead of the game compared to past years which is amazing considering I am the world's biggest procrastinator. My studio is nearly set up already! The studio christmas tree is up, christmas lights galore, furniture set up & polished, most of my work is even tagged and on display! AMAZING!!! If you know me personally, you know usually I am a mad woman morning of. I guess 30's are making me more responsible! ;)

Why still stressed you ask? Well, unknowingly I booked myself five shows (7 days) pretty much back to back, and I'm hoping to have enough work to go around. So I'm getting ready for those now allowing new work to dry then bisque, then glaze. We will see!

So time to kick back with this darling glass of merlot I've been sipping and listen to a little Gaby Moreno. She is wonderful! She's from Guatemala originally, now living in LA, singing in both english and spanish beautifully! Such a pleasure, we got to meet after a show she headlined last week at the Zeiterion theatre here in town with my favorite, Ani Difranco. Let me tell you, I have not stopped listening to Gaby's cd since! I love finding new music! She is rockin.. I promise! Check her out, tell me what you think!

Have a great Thanksgiving and if you are local, please stop by the Hatch Street Studios holiday show! Check www.hatchstreetstudios.com for more info.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails