Monday, October 4, 2010

Motivational Monday Etsy Interview

It's Monday...and EVERYONE needs a little extra Motivation on Monday right?

Well, here you go! Here is a fabulous Etsy artist interview that will motivate you to get off your computer and into that studio and work work work!

This week's artist is with Tiffany from Varga Art and Prints

Please describe what is it that you make, and how long have you been making your handmade goodies for?

I sell prints and original art. I haven't posted any original art yet because I need them for a show! But afterwards, I'll put more original works on my shop!

What made you begin "crafting" or "art making"?

I began art making in college. Before then I was just a doodler. I always thought I would be some sort of scientist. But when it came to finally choosing a major in college, I had to really think hard about what I want to do with the rest of my life. I turned to animation. After that came a long career in video games. 2 years ago, I picked up a brush and began one of the most exhilarating journeys of my life... Watercolor!

What made you take the leap into creating a business with your art/craft?

I took a leap to create my etsy business because a lot of people around me seemed to really believe that my art was any good!

Is your business full time? Where do you sell your work other than Etsy?

No, my art and print business is not full time, unfortunately. I do engage in digital art making for a living because I work for a video game company doing 3d animations.

Where do you create?

I create everywhere. Everytime I go on a trip, I leave the camera at home and paint the moment. For the kids illustrations, I am sometimes in the living room, or the kitchen. I'm quite restless and don't have a designated space for my art. I like being where the action is.

What is your creative atmosphere like? Loud and crazy, soft and sweet?

My creative atmosphere varies from quiet to loud, neat to messy, inside, outside, hot, cold. I actually have an intensely high tolerance for distraction when it comes to painting.

What inspires you?

Life inspires me. Books inspire me. I am actually very fond my own artwork, I know it may sound egotistical, but I don't love it for the skill and craftmanship. I love it because almost every painting carries a personal meaning. For instance, on my website, you will see a painting of a man and 3 dogs walking at a park.


That's my husband and my dogs. It was an actual moment when we went to a dog park in Austin together. It can't get any more life-inspired than that.


Or this piece, which is a tea set given to me by my mother-in-law. These are special things to me. I rarely paint things that mean nothing to me.

How has Etsy been positive for your art/craft?

Etsy has yet to be a positive thing for my art. I haven't made an art sale, but I've only been around 3 weeks? I am very optimistic about the future, because I stand by the quality of my work.

Where else can we find you online?

You can find my official watercolor website here: www.tiffannyvarga.com
my blog here: www.tiffannysketchbook.blogspot.com

If you are interested in being a featured Etsy artist/crafter on another Motivational Monday.. please let me know!

Thanks for reading! xo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails