Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Ornament Designs In The Making!



Sorry I have been so quiet all week.. I've been pretty busy working on some new ornament designs at the studio, and helping a friend with a Cancer benefit taking place tonight. I sat and marked off my shows on my calendar and counted down four weeks to my first holiday sale!!! Yikes! Its going to come up fast so I have to start cranking out work so I will have enough for all of them! I have a list of my current shows in my "shop near you" section here on my website www.chrissyannceramics.com. I am still waiting to hear back from a few.. I hope to add on to that list!

For those of you that are local.. I will be at Fairhaven's Indoor Farmers Market tomorrow from 1-4pm. It is our first indoor market taking place in the Nemasket Gallery 56 Bridge Street on the corner of Green and Bridge. I will have some of my holiday designs on hand for those of you who like to get a head start! Here is their blog fairhavenfarmersmarket.blogspot.com/



I need to grab a BIG cup of coffee now since I just woke up after staying up late at the studio last night carving pumpkins with some friends for the Cancer benefit that is taking place today. My pumpkin is the frankenstein ish one.. I saw a pic of someone carving one so I sketched it out a similar design on my pumpkin and carved away adding some stars in the round.

If you are in the New Bedford area.. you should come out for a good cause! Full proceeds go to the Cancer Society.. Check out the details on their facebook page here

Have a great weekend! xoxo

2 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

I can read 2011, Home Sweet HOme and Love, but I can't read the other words. I'm dying to know what it says.

You are doing so well with getting your work into shops. How do you do that? Do you take in a sample of your work and ask to speak with the manager? I would love to get my work into some local shops.

Your Frankie Pumpkin is great :)
Cindy

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

Hi Cindy!
Thanks for stopping in! :) I've gotten into 7 shops since June.. 3 of the shops found me through Etsy. Some random, one because I was on the FP & they contacted me about their shops.. Then I had decided it was time to get a catalog together and I begun researching & contacting shops. Some picked me up, others ignored me.
Give it a shot!
Your dishware is lovely! xo, C

Related Posts with Thumbnails