Monday, May 10, 2010

Started to sketch a bit..



I got my extruder up and working again after say a year or two of neglect, and I am happy to say I've found a little inspiration to start sculpting again. For the past few years I've been making nothing but functional pottery to sell at markets and online in my Etsy shop, but now its time for fun! During my undergrad, I made nothing but sculpture. I was sort of turned off to the idea of "craft" and "function." I was a "fine art" artist. haha.. Now eight years later, I'm on the opposite end of the stick and loving it!!!

So here's a peek at some quick sketches I drew out on some paper stretched out on the floor at my studio while listening to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. (listen to a lovely track here) I was sort of inspired by this HUGE hosta plant I walk by everyday, and other forms I've been watching grow. I love spring and all the suprises that pop out of the earth!

I'll keep you posted with any exciting goodies!

Here's a peek at some of the sculpture I made during my undergrad. Here is one and another.

Tell me what you think!

Have a great week! Cheers, Chrissy xo

2 comments:

Additionsstyle said...

This time of the year is very inspiring. I used to sketch all the time, but I have not in a long time. Seeing your sketches makes me want to start up again. I can't wait to see you new pieces!

BlenderBach said...

Very cool! I've been dabbling in lost genres of my craft also - hopefully I'll be able to get back to the workbench soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails