Saturday, May 1, 2010

I walked my first labyrinth




I walked my first labyrinth this week at Heritage Gardens in Sandwich, Massachusetts. I had read in passing about walking meditation practices on labyrinths, and always found them interesting but never had the experience. I was excited to see they had one in the midst of their gardens while breezing through their map.

The experience that brings you inwards has something to do with the path you walk. The repetitive walking in circles brings you to your center somehow. The path unexpectedly turns you around and the route is not what you had originally expected. It slows you down, and sort of brings you within yourself and to your breathing, and then some how you can hear your inner self very clearly. It brings you into check, and you leave it feeling grounded and relaxed. It is an amazing thing.

I definitely recommend trying one if you have one in your area. Apparently there are a few around us, so the bf & myself will be trying another one soon! More pics on my flickr here

Happy Monday! xo

3 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Ooooh sounds interesting, I've not had the opportunity to check one out yet.

jdavissquared said...

wow, sounds amazing! i'll have to see if there's one near me!

found you on etsy forums, I hope you'll come visit me too!

http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

Definitely try on if there is one close by.. they're fun to do, and beautiful too! I wish I could squeeze one in my tiny yard somehow..

Related Posts with Thumbnails