Monday, May 17, 2010

A Sunday in the sun~




Spent my Sunday outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather and took a break from everything for the day. I had a great relaxing day with my family, and then alone in the gardens poking around for some cool finds. I love this time of year when mysterious growths from the ground start emerging, and beautiful blooms start to blossom. It always inspires my in an unexpected way and my work in the studio begins to change.

This year I cut down a bit on my show circuit. I will be attending a few big shows, but decided not to book every weekend throughout the summer as I usually do. You will be seeing me at some of the local farmers markets though. The overhead is smaller, and I can test out some of my experimental pieces I've been playing around with at the studio. No pressure to make a certain amount in sales to cover cost and travel. I am loving the freedom this decision has given me cutting back on production type work and creating more one of a kinds!

So, at the moment, I am collecting photos from the gardens I have been visiting, and sitting with the blooms for a sketch session in the sun.

Here are some photos from an amazing rhododendron plant my parents have been growing for about 18 years. I never cared for rhododendron plants, but I've found a new appreciation for them. It seems every year I adopt a new flower to love that I hadn't appreciated in the past. Last year it was the daffodil.

Check out more pics on my flickr here.

So back to work at the studio I go. I'm excited to see what is made!

Enjoy your Monday! xo

3 comments:

Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics said...

Sounds like a plan, I think I'm going to cut down on shows next year. Spending more time producing more one-off pieces sounds good :) Love the photos!

elsie said...

gorgeous photos! I cut my summer schedule wayyyyy down this year as most shows weren't worth the time and trouble to travel and set up - I'm feeling pretty good about me decision as well!! Happy Summer!

NekiNaturals said...

beautiful pics. I agree too about count down. Since I crochet, I am going to spend my summer doing so and doing one show every six weeks in the winter. It takes a lot out of you to do one show

Related Posts with Thumbnails