Monday, October 18, 2010

Motivational Monday

Here is another one of my Motivational Monday Etsy artist interviews featuring Treacher Creatures. I stumbled across her shop through an Etsy thread, and I found her little creations to be super cute and fun.. I'm thinking about getting a few as Christmas gifts this year! I love how they seem to have personality in the photographs. Really cute! Here is what she had to say~


1. What is the name of your shop and where are you from?

Treacher Creatures.
I am from North Yorkshire, England.

2. Please describe what is it that you make, and how long have you been making your handmade goodies for?

I make one of a kind sock creatures. I have been making these for just over a year now. I make any and all animals. I have been sewing all my life though and also make traditional teddy bears and fleece animals.



3. What made you begin "crafting" or "art making"?
I have been creative all my life. I am not only a crafter but also an artist and have always loved creating things with my own hands.

4. What made you take the leap into creating a business with your art/craft?
My house was so full of sock creatures I had to find homes for them.

5. Is your business full time? Where do you sell your work other than Etsy?
No, I am a full time and carer and mother too. This is an outlet for my creativity. I also have a shop on Folksy.com



6. Where do you create?
In the family sitting room.

7. What is your creative atmosphere like? Loud and crazy, soft and sweet?
I like sewing in front of the telly or listening to music.

8. What inspires you?
Socks and animals and all things cute.



9. How has Etsy been positive for your art/craft?
It has inspired me to stretch my creativity and take newer and harder challenges with all the custom orders I receive.

10. Where else can we find you online?
Folksy.com
Facebook
Stuffed Team - a plush team on Etsy. We have our own team shop.

Thanks for sharing your process with everyone here on my blog! You can buy her creations here in her Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/TreacherCreatures

Happy Monday! xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails